Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ashlyn and I were in a car accident.....

So this day Ashlyn and I stayed home so that she might get a good nap in for morning and after lunch and then we would head over to the office and work with Jared. Well, I left the house around 1:50 p.m. and on the way I was at a stop sign behind two other cars and then all of a sudden I was hit from behind. Of course, I was a little shaken up being that I'm 24 weeks pregnant and that I had Ashlyn in the car with me. The guy got out and said its my fault I was on my cell phone and it fell on the floor and when I reached to get it then you were stopped. He wanted to just give me his information and leave since he had an important business meeting. I told him I wasn't leaving until the police arrived so that it would be reported and that I was pregnant and didn't want to take any chances. He wasn't to happy about it but he stayed. He had some major damage to the front of his car but he just bent our rear bumper and cracked the rear lights but we were lucky that was all it was. If we had been in the car it might had turned out a lot different because we would had been lower to the ground and would of felt the impact even more. So anyway, for precaution I went to the Emergency room and had myself and Ashlyn checked out. I had been having some lower back pains and front tummy pains since the accident, so I just wanted to make sure everything was OK. Ashlyn checked out just fine and they ended up sending me to the maternity floor for fetal monitoring and then had this ultrasound ordered. The baby looked fine and was moving really well by that night. After having the ultrasound I'm measuring 24 weeks 6 days. Almost a week earlier than my due date. We will see.

1 comment:

Amilyn -N- Brandon said...

I'm so glad everything turned out ok!